Hi, I’m Sydney from Forever After Blog Designs! Today, I am here to do a guest post for Penny on creating a Facebook Fan Page. I’m so excited to do this, and I am hoping to get the word out about my fairly new business! I do all aspects of blog redesign, but instead of charging a fee for my services, I ask people to donate to an adopting family. You can visit my site to learn more about the cause and about how to get your own design done. Now, let me show you how to go about creating a fan page for your blog on Facebook!
Facebook Fan Pages are a great way to spread the word about your business or blog, and update people on the latest happenings. They are very easy to make too! I will show you in just a few simple steps:
1. Log into Facebook, or create an account if you don’t have one yet.
It should look like this when you get there:
3. For a blog fan page, click on ‘Brand or Product’. Select ‘Website’ as your category and type in the name of your blog for company name. Then click ‘Get Started’!
After clicking ‘Get Started’:
4. Now, it’s time to edit the info about your blog. Click the ‘info’ link on the left sidebar.
Once there, add any information you want about your blog (Be sure to include your website address) and click ‘Save Changes’.
5. Now, you can do anything! Upload your header image, Add a ‘Like’ box to your blog, post your first status update, etc.
- These options are all conveniently located on your ‘Get Started’ page for you easy access. Each option provides you with thorough instructions.
- To post on your wall, just click ‘Wall’ on your sidebar and type your text in the text box once you get there.
There you go! You officially have a Facebook Fan Page! Wasn’t that easy? Now, you will have a great way to promote your business and/or blog.
If you would like for your blog to automatically post to your new Facebook fanpage, you can syndicate through Networked Blogs. Read the Getting Started Guide to add your blog to Networked Blogs. (If you are concerned about privacy, you can be an anonymous author of your blog)
If you have a Facebook fanpage, add your link below. Be sure to “LIKE” http://facebook.com/foster2forever