Our Disney Cruise Pirate Night Costumes

by Penelope · 8 comments

in Travel

The week before our Disney Cruise last fall, we discovered that Disney Cruise Lines hosts a Pirates in the Caribbean night. Not only does the cruise staff dress in pirate costumes, but everyone does!!! That sent us scrambling at the last minute for pirate costume ideas.

disney-cruise-pirate-night-costume-ideas

We met Captain Jack Sparrow, the star of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean!

ebook-positive guidance-468-60

DisneyCruise-pirate-night-diy-costume-ideas

Pirates in the Caribbean! Party on the deck!

disney-cruise-pirate-costume-ideas

DIY Homemade Pirate Costume for Men

diy-homemade-pirate-costume-men2-

Satin Pirate Costume Shirt – Adult XL
Red Fabric for Sash (2 yards)
Black Pants
Black Shoes
Adult Pirate Boot Covers – Adult Std.Black Curly Hair Wig Costume AccessoryBandana or Pirate Headwrap Bandana HatPirate Patch and EarringCaptain Hook Hand Costume AccessoryToy Buccaneer Sword

DIY Homemade Pirate Costume for Women

diy-homemade-pirate-costume-women

Red & White Striped Pirate Matey Shirt
Red Fabric for Sash (2 yards)
Black Pants
Black Boots
Bandana
Pirate Hat
Pirate Patch and Earring

Also, check out this cute Womens Pirate Costume for $20.

Pirate Costume Ideas for Kids

Disclosure: Links in this post are affiliate links to Amazon, which means if you click on a link & purchase an item, I receive a tiny commission as an Amazon gift card so I can shop on Amazon. See how that works nicely for Amazon?

handmade costumes for adults

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Elizabeth November 10, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Hi there,

How did you cut your top? I ordered the one in your link and would like to cut it similar to yours because it’s too cute. Did you use special scissors or follow a certain pattern or what? Let me know! We are leaving on the Disney Fantasy for a 7-day cruise on Saturday and could use any extra tidbits you have to offer.

Elizabeth

2 Penelope
Twitter: Foster2Forever
November 11, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Hi Elizabeth! You & your family are going to have a BLAST!!! I just cut in a large zigzag with sharp scissors. Email me if you’d like chat more! http://foster2forever.com/contact

3 sonya October 2, 2013 at 2:25 am

Thats awesome! looks like so much fun!
Check out what sonya recently posted..some people become parents…

4 Penelope
Twitter: Foster2Forever
October 14, 2013 at 9:31 am

Our family loved the Disney Cruise! I don’t know if we could even go on another cruise line without feeling disappointed. Disney Cruises are the best!!!

5 Rebekah @ The Golden Gleam September 30, 2013 at 8:53 pm

I love your costumes and you are such an adorable pirate! And your husband deserves mad props for dressing up too. That must have made your kids’ night to have you two dress up with them.
Check out what Rebekah @ The Golden Gleam recently posted..Ordinary Rituals with Children

6 Penelope
Twitter: Foster2Forever
October 14, 2013 at 9:29 am

My husband looks so bad@ss as a pirate! Sadly, he won’t be dressing up for Halloween with us this year.

7 Skye September 30, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Pirate party? My kiddo would have been in HEAVEN!
Check out what Skye recently posted..How my child and I are different

8 Penelope
Twitter: Foster2Forever
October 14, 2013 at 9:27 am

The pirate party was so much fun! I just wish we could’ve lasted longer. My kids began having the “tired tantrums” so we had to leave early.